"Creating a Healthier Community"
For Marin County to be a community of communities:
- That creates and supports a culture of health;
- With social norms that make it possible for individuals to make healthy choices;
- Where the incidence of killer diseases are less than state and national averages
- The relationship between health and public policy.
- Our personal and collective responsibilities to promote “Healthy Choices Earlier in Life”.
- The community as a partner.
- Diversity, cultural influences and the need for health equity.
- The concept of upstream and the Spectrum of Prevention.
- The results of the community assessment and our responsibility to work with the community to interpret and respond to the findings.
- Collaboration of champions and leveraging their work.
- Results based accountability and have adopted the Friedman model.
- The promotion of community education, health literacy and raising awareness.
- The influence we can bear while leaving our individual nametags at the door.